Friday, February 1, 2013

Prayer Answered, Part 1!

Hey Everyone,
I wanted to share this quick story about prayers being answered. Without hesitation I can say this has been a challenging ministry environment, especially for evangelism. Sometimes it seems like no one is receptive to the gospel. The hearts of my soldiers have been hard, calloused, and closed. It was at Camp Atterbury that I began praying this first prayer. But first let me share this. In my corporate chaplaincy ministry I have prayed with numerous employees who professed to receive Christ as their Savior, yet never found a church or showed any evidence of change or that the Holy Spirit ever entered their body. Thus there was never regeneration of their soul. I prayed that the Lord would provide me a hand full of soldiers who would be fully surrendered to Christ and would seek after discipleship. The Lord has answered that prayer and entrusted me with two individuals who have been on fire for Christ and continue to seek after truth. I am so thankful and it has been a privilege to watch them grow and transform.
God is Great!

"There is no truth, no faithful love, and no knowledge of God in the land! Cursing, lying, murder, stealing, and adultery are rampant.."
Hosea 4:1-2

Sound familiar?
 

2 comments:

  1. Lance, I don't know if you remember me from Bonded Logistics, but just wanted you to know we are thinking about you and praying for you, and we miss you! I am so glad to hear that some of your soldiers are opening up to the Word. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I remember you Charlotte!
    It's good to hear from you and I pray you are doing well.
    I always appreciate prayers!

    ReplyDelete