Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Persecution

I read this in a book titled "Spiritual Warfare and Missions"

"Believers in China, when asked how Christians in the West can pray for them, often discourage them from praying for relief from persecution. They say, "Pray that we will be faithful in suffering, but do not pray for persecution to be removed because we might become weak and lethargic like churches we hear of in the West. One can know the fullness of God's grace only in suffering and denial. One who has not suffered for his faith is as a child without training."

How many American Christians would agree with this statement.

I have never heard of fellow believers asking for other believers not to pray for persecution to be removed.

Paul said in Acts 14:22 "strengthing the disciples by encouraging them to continue in the faith and by telling them, "It is necessary to pass through many troubles on our way into the kingdom of God."

Paul was simply telling them that "many troubles" will come to those who seek the kingdom of God.
Paul also said in Acts 20:24 "But I count my life of no value to mysef, so that I may finish my course and my ministry."

Do American Christians count their lives of no value compared to living their life for Christ?

Examine yourself and determine how much you love Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment