Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Soul Saved

Yesterday morning was a moment predestined by God. I had scheduled a counseling session with one of my soldiers and our conversation quickly turned to salvation. In my few years in ministry I have led hundreds of men and women in professions of faith in Jesus Christ. Some of these individuals were unfortunately false converts, never truly repenting of their sins or believing that Jesus was the Lord of their life, thus the Holy Spirit never indwelt them. But on Monday morning, I truly believe this young man found genuine salvation in Jesus Christ. Tears were shed and I sensed genuine repentance in his voice and heart. He understood for the first time how sinful he was and exactly why Christ had to die on the cross.
One of the many scriptures I shared with him was Matthew 7:13, 14. I wanted him to see that entering into the Kingdom will require him traveling the narrow road of righteousness and understanding that this road will be difficult, but it will lead to life and few will find it. I told him he will experience suffering and trouble, but his life will be blessed because of what he will experience. A follower of Christ will face persecution and hardship from time to time, but what joy he will find doing the will of God.
Praise God for answering prayers and delivering a soul into the Kingdom of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment