Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Home for Christmas

 
This was taken yesterday afternoon prior to our church's Christmas Eve service. What a difference a year can make. As I reflect over the past year I reminisced back to Christmas Eve 2012. I was deployed to Egypt where I led the South Camp Christmas Eve service at the O'Deuce Theater on the banks of the Red Sea. Our military praise band performed 5 different Christmas songs, complete with the bass guitar, keyboard, drums, and three singers. I remember it becoming increasingly windy as the night went on to the point I had to put on my jacket. Although I would have rather been home, Christmas 2012 was a Christmas I will never forget. No one came to Christ that evening, but Christ was made known and glorified on the shores of the Red Sea. I am immensely thankful to be home this Christmas with my family. Life moves by at such a rapid pace and moments with family must be cherished.
 
Please pray for our troops deployed over all over the world and most importantly pray for the salvation of the thousands of soldiers who are without Christ this Christmas. Hearts can be changed when the only place a soldier has to turn is to their Creator.


No comments:

Post a Comment