Thursday, January 2, 2014

Going Deeper in 2014

Occasionally I will come across a person who leaves me amazed with their level of spiritual understanding. These individuals will leave and have left behind a legacy with their words and actions that is simply immeasurable. In 2014 I want to decrease for Him, so Christ can increase in me. I want to go deeper with God than I ever have. I want to know Him in ways I couldn't have imagined in 2013. I want Him to consume every fiber of my being. I want every aspect of my life to be fully surrendered to His Lordship. I want the Lord's breath to breathe all over my life. What I am saying is that I don't want to leave any aspect of my life unsurrendered to my Lord. If Christian's are to impact the world, its not going to be done in the flesh. God must be first and above all in our lives, our marriages must be strong (or Fireproof), our children must be instructed in the Word of God and they must be taught the power of prayer, we must be able to defend our faith, and we must pick up our crosses and follow Christ so we can lead those in our care. I want to encourage you to loose yourself in God so Christ can be hidden in you. We must keep our lives open to God and learn to set aside temporal nonsense that hinders the Spirit.
Resolve to not let a busy lifestyle disrupt your relationship with Christ. Vow to yourself that you are utterly useless without Christ and adopt a vision of what God wants for your life. Then He will open your eyes to what you couldn't see spiritually in 2013.

Have a Spirit Filled New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment