Friday, July 11, 2014

Does America Believe

I wanted share a poem given to me by Harvey Cody who works at Bonded Logistics. It certainly resonates as we celebrate Independence Day and the freedoms God has granted us in America.

Does America Believe in Me?
I believe in the constitution and the good old USA
I believe in the land of freedom and the price we had to pay
I believe in the rights of Americans and the Stars and Stripes that fly
But in all of my love for my country, the tears come to my eyes

I cry for the life that used to be and the pride we used to know
I weep for the things that used to be, that made this country grow
I mourn for the morals lost and the trust in God forsaken
I fear for the future of this country, and the path that is has taken 

I see that Old Glory has faded and her meaning is being lost
I know the love of money has brought with it a cost 
We see neighbor fighting neighbor and we know that shouldn't be
We see farmers fighting for survival, in a land that should be free

We see babies being murdered and we see marriage no longer blessed
We see drugs in all our neighborhoods and our schools put to the test
Where has the blood of our forefathers gone and why is it this way
We can allow sin to be everywhere and have forgotten how to pray

I wonder how we have survived in a land that knows no shame
I wonder why God allows us to mock His holy name
It may sound like I'm old fashioned and it just as well may be
I still believe in America - does America believe in Me?

No comments:

Post a Comment