Sunday, June 2, 2013

G-Man Riding His Bike

My wife sent me this short video of my son Garrett riding his bike. It's moments like this which are difficult to miss and make deployments so hard. The most important repsonsibility I have as a father is to "bring up my children in the training and instruction of the Lord" (Ephesians 6:4). It's challenging to do this when I am 6,300 miles away in a foriegn country. However, its a responsibility I take extremly serious and I am blessed to have my wife Ashley caring and instructing our children in my absence. In Ephesians 6:4, Paul was commanding fathers to both discipline and instruct their children. It's important to note that he is speaking directly to fathers, but the context can refer to both parents.
I wish every father would sign the Resolution from the movie Courageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment