Monday, March 4, 2013

Crucified with Christ

The walk of a genuine disciple of Christ can be lonely and hard, but fulfilling and strengthening. Especially when that Christian walk is experienced in full time ministry as mine is. Whether in corporate America or in the military, my ministry challenges are varied and constant. But I have learned to love the testing and the growth that follows.  Each day is a chance to allow the Holy Spirit to increase, while I decrease (John 3:30). Once I made a decision to accept the testimony of Christ, I affirmed that God was truth (John 3:33). Once I did this I could no longer straddle the world and my dedication to Christ. A life committed to full submission in Christ and understanding that it is no longer I that live, but Christ you lives in me requires suffering and criticism, while forgiving those who lie against me and attempt to hurt me and my family. You can't do this with a temporal mind. I have been crucified with Christ (Galatians 2:19) and no one who is not "born again" is ever going to understand what this means. However, I pray that they will one day. Paul meant he was going to live each day as if died on the cross with Christ. While I will continue to live physically, spiritually I no longer live for myself, but for Christ. Thus, if anything is toxic to my soul, my mind, or my body I remove it from my life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment