Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hobby Lobby

I received this story in an email tonight about Hobby Lobby.
Hobby Lobby is a Christian based business and a store my wife and I support fully. They have stood against the contracpetive mandate of Obamacare, a biblical stand I agree with.

The owner and CEO David Green attends Council Road Baptist Church in Bethany, OK:
I thought I would share his philosphy on business.
"We’re Christians, and we run our business on Christian principles. I’ve
always said that the first two goals of our business are (1) to run our
business in harmony with God’s laws, and (2) to focus on people more
than money. And that’s what we’ve tried to do. We close early so our
employees can see their families at night. We keep our stores closed on
Sundays, one of the week’s biggest shopping days, so that our workers
and their families can enjoy a day of rest. We believe that it is by
God’s grace that Hobby Lobby has endured, and he has blessed us and our
employees. We’ve not only added jobs in a weak economy, we’ve raised
wages for the past four years in a row. Our full-time employees start
at 80% above minimum wage.

Read more: http://savingourfuture.com/2013/03/hobby-lobby-may-close/#ixzz2Mh9s5wln

1 comment:

  1. So the owner had 'faith' which resulted in the 'fact' that the company is successful. I love it!

    ReplyDelete